Thursday, June 03, 2010

Tomorrow

It's been an interesting few days, with work and all. Most of the people who are considerate/unfortunate enough to pay attention to my being a social media butterfly would have known by now that I've been lucky enough to land a pretty fun gig at ESPN Star Sports as a production assistant. It's weird thinking about actually being part of the working community, and to be honest I never thought I'd enter the workforce this soon, or be lucky enough to get paid rating F1 crashes, among other things.

The people there are pretty nice too. Met a number of TV people, and have actually been working across Paula Malai Ali and with Sanjeev Palar the past couple of days. The interview itself was conducted by someone who's been on TV as well, and no, I have not met Jamie Yeo yet. But everyone seems friendly and funny. Fascinating at times.

Fact that there is no actual dress code helps, sure. Dressed all snazzy on Monday, leather shoes and all, but went to work in faded jeans and a T-shirt today. I've gone to school dressed better. No complaints, of course, and today I saw a dude come in berms and slippers. Hmm. Still like the shirts though.

Yet every day I find myself wanting more. Maybe I'm greedy. To many degrees I know I am. Not in a good way too, most times. Crazy and gutsy too, maybe.

Each day brings with it something new to learn at the workplace, somewhere I'm lucky enough to combine my passion for (some) sports and a growing interest in the media. Still, I find myself distracted most of the time, glancing at my phone on the table, taking a few moments to quote some useless fragment of an overheard conversation to try and make someone laugh, or hoping that by the end of the day, I can get off the train a little earlier and say hi.

There's tomorrow though. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

Hi.

No comments: