Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Rambling

So lately I've been dealing with a lot of things. Already mentioned work a couple of times and I've been spending the past couple of days planted in front of a Mac learning how to use Final Cup Pro for future video editing use. Still prefer Windows, even with its bugs and glitches and other nonsense, though I have to say I'm a huge fan of that function where you display all active windows and applications. I have no idea what that's called.

The World Cup starts in a few days, and just about every football fan will have their own opinions on how they see the tournament shaping up. I'll have my own too, of course, just not right now. Also since it's part of my job scope, I'd think that it'll be an interesting tournament, above all else.

But work and football aside, I've found myself more and more distracted lately.

No prizes for guessing what by, if you've been paying attention. I know some of you have.

I've always believed that it's very important to do what makes you happiest, to reach out and take what you believe does that to you. That's fair, isn't it?

But you don't always get what you want, that's the way it is as well. What then?

Do you ignore the setback, the obstacle, the impossible, and look for another way to make things work, to move past what's in your way, try and overcome whatever that problem might be?

Or do you instead take a step back and settle for what makes you happy instead of what makes you happiest?

A dangerous, tragic thing, that. And what kind of happiness is that where you know that you're missing out on what you really want?

Make no mistake. I'm not saying I'm depressed or (totally) broody or just plain emo. I'm just looking thinking aloud, or something.

Somebody told me once that she's selfish, after asking me an important question. Brought me back to a conversation we had a century ago, about how everyone was selfish. How everyone did things for themselves. How each and every individual is their own person, working towards their dreams and their goals and their desires.

Just have to realize though, that by going after what you believe makes you happiest, you set yourself up for everything but.

Then you got to ask yourself if that happiness is really worth all that.

And if it is, go for it.

No matter what.

No comments: