Friday, June 29, 2007

A Twist

I'm sure many of you have heard of the tragedy that has befallen the Benoit family, and if you haven't, you really need to pick up a newspaper or something. Like RVD has said on his personal website, it's really rare for a baby-killer to have so many people talking about how great a guy he is, and certain recent events have been quite strange.

A few people have discovered that the Wikipedia entry on Chris Benoit was edited about 14 hours before the discovery of the bodies of him and his family. This edit stated that Benoit no-showed a particular WWE event due to the tragic death of his wife, Nancy.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hiro, Cable and Marty don't really exist.

Together with Fox News trying to link the apparent murder-suicide to Sherri Martel's demise, it's quite a sickening media circus. But we all know about Fox, don't we? Paragons of fairness and journalistic excellence.

OK, jokes aside, I just hope this gets cleraed up pretty soon. Chris Benoit has never impacted my life profoundly, he's never known I've existed, but he's still a legend in my eyes, and I need to get back to the essay I've supposed to have finished a while ago.

No comments: