Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ah, Melancholy

There is a blue wall in my room. Just the one. The rest are white. I can't remember what colour they used to be before the renovations were done. Biege? Green? My memory has never been stupendous.

Boredom is a vile condition. An affliction made worse when one is broke. It's like being... well, it sucks.

Today I was faced with the somewhat unique situation of going home. Now, you might argue (somewhat accurately) that such an occurence is hardly a rarity, but today I had to take public transport.

Well, I've taken the public transport services in Singapore for close to ten years now, and it's mostly been great. Fairly efficient and decently priced. But after driving almost everywhere for a week, it tends to get demoralising lugging your books and other stuff in a train that resembles a moving can of sardines than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who insist on driving everywhere. It's just that the past week or so of driving has really been, well, a breeze. Waking up late(r) for school, getting home in under an hour, and the best part? I don't have to worry about bringing a good read to pass the time on the invariably dull train.

Sigh. Another day tomorrow, buses and trains.

No comments: