Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

"It's just you and me, Megatron."

"No, it will only be me."

"One shall stand, one shall fall."

I'm a Transformers fanboy. I admit it. And when I heard that in the 2007 movie, I almost wet myself. Classic quotes. For. The. Win.

After the disappointments of Pirates of the Carribean, X-Men 3 and Spiderman 3 and the less than fantastic Rise of the Silver Surfer, I had braced myself for a repeat of Alien vs Predator. Well, maybe not so. Nothing could have matched the crapfest that was AVP.

About 150 minutes after walking into the theatre, though, I exited with a smile. And not because it was over. Oh no. It's just that it's been such a long time since I watched a movie that had got me buzzing so much. Totally the best movie this year other than 300.

Only one complaint, of course. The weird fact that the Autobots and Decepticons both used a variety of ballistic and projectile weapons, not the traditional lasers that so many of us are more familar with (and make more sense, if you think about it).

I'm so hoping for a sequal, though I won't discuss what I hope is in it (yet) for fear of spoilers.

Still, the movie could have only been better if they had included but one more quote, from Megatron to Optimus.

"I'll rip out your optics!!!"

PS: No, I didn't watch it for Megan Fox. Prime was waaaaaaaay hotter than her anyway.

No comments: