Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What a Drag...

"How many Indians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 21. One to hold the bulb and twenty to get drunk and wait for the room to spin."

"You know why everyone who get dengue is Malay and Chinese? Because if the mosquito suck Indian blood it get drunk and die."

There is nothing quite like enjoying stand-up from someone dressed in a leopard-print robe with pink feathers.

Really.

I was at Hard Rock Cafe last night, though it must be said that it was largely against my own wishes. I was, however, finally convinced to don one of my only three decent shirts to appear to be the only one overdressed at the joint.

I vividly recall the last time I was there, though I won't embarass a certain someone with tales of her culinary confusion, and will instead focus on things much less humiliating...

I've heard of the Kumar show. For those of you who don't know who Kumar is, look him up. Or her. It. Whatever.

But the show was fantastic. Like I've said before, I'm regular practicioner of rascist jokes when done tastefully, but the sight of a tall slim Indian cracking the lewdest jokes I've ever heard was simply too much. I'm glad the kitchen was closed by the time we got there, because the humour was gut-bustingly good, and I'd have hated to have puked it on the nice wooden floor.

Humour is humour, of course, and everyone, regardless of the hue of their skin or the angle of their eyes was close to making ROFL a reality.

Plus I didn't want to be ridiculed, though I almost was.

If you guys and girls had actually gotten their attention and made me do a frickin' lap dance to another guy I would have never spoken to any of you ever again. Eeeeeeever again.

I'll leave you with one of my favourites from the show.

"We should stop making fun of the Chinese people. Sure, they can be blur at times, but they don't have any book to follow. Muslims have Qur-an, Christians have Bible, Chinese have what? Yellow Pages?"

No comments: