Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blood, Sweat and Smears

So, a couple of things happened today. Well, more than a couple, but I won't bore you with the way my rather (mostly) uneventful yet weird day went.

Firstly, I'm broke. No, that didn't happen today, it's just the result of an accumulation of a void in my wallet. Anyway, since my mother doesn't want to transfer the cash from my "other" bank account to the one I actually have access to, I'm a little stuck. And broke, but I think I mentioned that.

Mommy dearest suggested that since I was rather free today that I clean the windows, in exchange for some quick cash. And I thought, "Why the hell not?" I mean, yes, I was officially out of the Army a day before, but I guess regimental duties do exist in the house eh?

Before scooting off to work, she yelled that the window cleaning apparatus was somewhere in the (currently vacant) maid's room. Not too hard to understand, even for someone as, uh, lazy as me. Rummaging though the afore-mentioned room, though, I encountered a problem. That the instructions given to me by Mrs Majeed were...wrong. No window/glass cleaner in the room. Nope. Zilch. Nada.

I did, however, due to my own perseverance and determination, find a bottle of glass cleaner in my back yard. Yipee. I proceeded to clean the windows.

Then I noticed that the liquid I was using was rather murky and...well, smelled funky.

Shrugging it off, I just carried on with the sweet motivation of being paid.

Later on, I found out that a close friend of mine was in the hospital to receive stitches for a (supposedly not severe) head wound, a result of a meeting of a hockey stick and the head in question. (And I quote: Hockey stick and head results in blood not sparks)

Back to the windows and my glittering shine-job, I was to be disappointed that my expected earnings did not materialise.

Not a screw-job though, merely a... uh... slight misunderstanding on my part.

It seemed that the murky bottle of liquid I procured to clean the windows was not in fact glass cleaning liquid, but my mother's own mixture of chili, garlic and soapy water, a rather strange elixir to "keep the bugs away from the plants".

So yes, my bad.

I'll have to redo the windows again.

At least the bugs will stay away from the glass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha.

-Q