Thursday, August 19, 2010

What The Fish

Somewhat mixed day, to say the least. Started out relaxed, and then rushed, and an unforeseen emergency - are there any other kinds? - before a long series of drives. 28 Days Later and Hook have always and perhaps will always be favorites for separate reasons, and the company was nice to a large degree.

On the drive back from Bukit Panjang, with Heart for company, I was quite excited to have a batch of tuna sandwiches for a late meal.Came home, though, looking forward to that one thing and one thing only, only to have it dashed.

No more tuna. Not the kind I wanted, at least.

Yeah, not exactly the worst news I received today, nor was it earth-shattering in any shape or form.

So I thought to myself, OK, there are other kinds of tuna spread things. They'd do, right?

I sat there, munching on what I had to settle for, and even an unseen episode of Mythbusters wasn't enough to curb the dissatisfaction.

Hate to settle, though some say when you're not left with anything else, that's all you can do.

But then why do it, why do anything at all, when you won't even be happy with the outcome?

So here I am, exhausted yet unable to get to sleep, annoyed with myself more than anything, if only because I can't have what I want the most, and settling for anything else seems even worse than not getting anything at all.

No comments: