Saturday, August 14, 2010

Walk Away

Movie lines still echo
True even today
Watching, waiting, hoping so
Things will go my way

Sometimes each day
I catch myself still
Thinking of ways
To change how she feels

A blazing sky
And hopping birds
Never a lie
Within the words

Cloudy defeat
And rainy walks
Used to just meet
And stare and talk

Across the water
Hair in my face
And still I hear her
Another time and place

Surprised one night
A phone call that came
Her eyes so bright
Walking down the lane

Beaches and parks
And five-hour talks
Darwin and sharks
Colored stalks

Humbling, she whispered
That she didn't expect
And why, I wonder
What we want we don't get

Walk away if she asked
The promise I made
But only at last
Were those words said

Though if ever there were
A memory I'll keep
The visions of her
That still haunt my sleep

No comments: