Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hard To Say

It's hard to say that I was wrong.
It's hard to say I miss you.
Since you've been gone it's not the same.

I love that song, and sometimes music has a way of reminding you about what's going on outside the radio. Or iPod. Or WinAmp. Whatever.

We all do things we regret eventually. We all say things we don't really mean. We all hide our innermost feelings from ourselves, even if they're plain to see to others. Some call it ego, others might just say that people tend to be deluded. Maybe it's a little of both.

Sometimes you never know what you have till it's gone, as the saying goes. I hate cliches by principle, but I guess sometimes they do the job, for lack of a better way to put things in perspective.

Why do people say things they don't mean, and why is it so hard to take it back? If only I could turn back time, or something. Well, I can't (yet) and so I'm left feeling chagrined, tired, aching and annoyed. Not much else could go wrong.

Well, many things could still go wrong, but I feel craptastic as it is.

I'll just stop now. Staring at my single blue wall like it's supposed to mean something. Does it? I don't know.

What I do know is that it is really hard to say some things sometimes.

But sometimes you gut it out, or at least try to.

I'm sorry.

No comments: