Monday, October 30, 2006

Worlds Collide

4th Novemeber 2006.

This weekend.

Her folks and mine, or at least the possibility of a meeting.

Well, considering we've been together for five and a half years, and are "practically married" as some of you accuse, it's kinda weird that our parents have never met eh?

Khadi thinks her folks won't be too keen on coming, but you never know. I've met her dad once, never actually spoken to him. Her mom seems to like giving me food and comparing me to something which I won't repeat here for fear or ridicule.

My parents are (thankfully) very accepting of Khadi, though she insists that she does things to piss them off, and thus checks on her "status" with me and my sis from time to time (read: every chance she gets). She's also very motivated to be the "favourite" significant other, and it's really very funny, the way she compares some things.

Still, this weekend would probably be good. Lots of people, food, Prison Break, laughter, money exchanging hands, old friends meeting up for the first time in years in some cases.

If all else fails, I guess her dad could talk to my uncle about badminton...

No comments: