Monday, October 02, 2006

Home Away From Home

Alot of you reading this would be familiar with the experience of living away from home for an extended period of time. Guys, NS would have forced that upon you, and as for the rest, well, I dunno.

Khadi's in University. But she's been there for over a year now. Enrolled there, at least. But right now, at time of writing, she's in the University. Yeah, staying in a dorm/hall or whatever you want to call it.

It's a big step for her, since she's blatantly close to her family ("I think I'll miss my sister...") and being away from them for three or four days would be a major change. But, of course, she's in the same hall with "Her Besh Fren" Aisyah, so I guess it'll be easier, in that sense.

And, as Aisyah did so eloquently confess in her blog (Link on the right), the two of them are going to raise hell. So much for an education eh?

But I jest, I know the two of them will be studying hard, almost as hard as they party, of course. I can only wonder what will become of Wednesday nights when Khadi doesn't actually have to go home.

Not seeing her as much is going to be hard. I know, some people ask "Oh my god! You've been with her for five years and see her like every other day! Aren't you sick of her?"

And I say No. Hell, if you want to marry someone (and I do want to marry her so), you're going to see him/her everyday anyway. If you can't deal with that right now, you either aren't as mature or advanced (relationship-wise) as some others, or need to take a look at your relationship proper.

Note: I do realise there are folk who love each other enormously but don't talk to/see each other everyday and are quite adamant about their supremacy. To them, I say "Good for you." Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

But back to Khadi, I will miss her. Of course, I'll speak to her (several times) everyday and the wonders of modern technology allow me to deliver my sweet words of lurve to her every five minutes, or (more realistically) when I can think them up. And when she isn't too busy to read them. Hooray for romance.

Some people say (and repeat endlessly) that you don't know what you got till it's gone. Now, I abhor cliches, but this one is particularly poingant right now. It's her first night in the University Hall (other than candid sleepovers after a semi-wild night out...), and I'm sure it's a big test for her.

But I've got every faith in my girl, and she wants to learn to be independant, if only for a semester, and she'll be fine. Great. Study hard, party hard. As usual.

Ah well, Yo Momma is on, and we all know that spewing gibberish will always take a back seat to strangers badmouthing each other.

I keed.

But really, Yo Momma is on now.

Love you babe.

No comments: