Friday, September 01, 2006

Crush, Kill, Destroy

For the avid PS2/WWE fan, the above title would be all-too familiar, the pseudo-rap/hip-hop track that had a tendency to overplay during the game, making you want to powerbomb your console. But do not fear, that's not what I'm going to write about today.

A number of years ago, there was a semi-popular song named "Crush", sung by some female vocalist who I can't really recall, where she croons about having a crush on someone.

"It's just... a little crush..."

Ok, don't flame me for remembering the lyrics. I was young and idiotic back then, and I still retain the ability to come up with random (and mostly useless) bits of information now and then.

Everyone has their crushes. Well, almost everyone. I remember the teacher in my primary school that was the reason most of the class came. To school. Remember the stand-in Geography teacher when I was about 14 that every other 14-year old in my school wanted to "get to know". I remember thinking Sarah Michelle Gellar was the hottest little thing in the planet. Even before Cruel Intentions.

Some of us get over the crushes, some last longer. Some just have this "infatuation" over someone else for maybe a litte over a day or week. Some others still swoon everytime he/she sees the object of their obsession.

There comes a point, of course, where a "crush" can be a tad too weird. Like how nearly every girl in my former school rushed to the bathroom to tidy their hair when a certain someone was rumoured to be walking in their direction. And yes, they did this in front of their bewildered and often annoyed boyfriends.

Or how I once got an E-Mail from a mystery person. It was a link to an external website, and it went along the lines of "Someone thinks you have a crush on her. Type in the name of your crush, and we'll tell you if it's the same someone!"

Yeah. Right.

I'm not dumb enough to fall for that! But I don't know who sent that though... Hmm...

Anyway, the point of my incessant rambling? Not too sure, as always. Just that this particular topic has come up a few times in recent conversations I've had. I'm not paranoid or insecure, I'm just like a ton of other guys out there. Wondering.

No comments: