Monday, July 19, 2010

Regrets


Wrote this a while back, but never finished it until tonight.

Done a lot of things in the past year or so. Good things, bad things, big things, stupid things.
I don't regret all the bad or stupid things I've done, seeing as how "bad" and "stupid" are all relative anyway. Some might argue differently, but then everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I don't regret not telling certain people certain things. Even if they knew already.
I don't regret telling certain people certain things. They deserved to know. Even if they knew already.
I don't regret taking the time and effort to be a productive part of the school. Many thought it a waste, but I didn't.
I don't regret not being able to go to New York. Things worked out better this way.
I don't regret walking away from some people. Had to be done, and it should have been done sooner in some instances.
I don't regret cutting people off. After everything that's been said and done.
I don't regret spending a ridiculous amount of time on football and writing non-academic material. Looks like it got me a sweet ESPN gig.
I don't regret studying in an institution classed outside the "Top Three" in Singapore. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I don't regret getting involved with a few people. Except one.
I don't regret the friends I've made and kept.
I don't regret going down a road that promised only disappointment, because it gave more than that.
I don't regret being who I am, even if I sometimes wish that person was good enough for others.
I don't regret being "gutsy" and honest and even sneaky, with weirdly colored letters.
I don't regret the tough decisions.
I don't regret being slapped in public.
I don't regret spending obscene amounts of time and money on certain people.
I don't regret any of what I've written or drawn, even if some think otherwise.



"What if you could wake up tomorrow morning and not like her that much anymore?"


"Not be in love with her anymore? A huge part of me wants that, wishes it could be true. But I don't think I want to."


"Why? It's making you so sad now"


"Because I don't regret falling for her, as pointless and painful as it's been. She's made me happier than I can remember, and I'll never regret that."


-------------------------------------------------------------------


"I hope you understand what that means."


"I do, but I'm sorry, I can't be who you want me to be."


"I know. I want you to be you, but mine. You can't be both. That's one thing I do regret."

No comments: