Friday, October 26, 2007

Tribute

A good friend of mine recently told me (again) how lucky I was to have someone like her.

Another good friend of mine once told me that she was the good-looking one in the relationship.

Someone once patted me on the back after learning that I've stuck with her for more than half a decade, and I never felt prouder.

I remember the feeling of my gut sinking when she sank to the turf that dark day.

I can remember the adolescent excitement I used to have when mIRC told me that ^JeRSeY^ was online.

I still have ticket stubs, faded beyond recognition. Some of those movies we didn't even "watch"...

I still feel the sweat of anxiousness of a first date whenever I come by to pick her up.

Her voice still lingers on in my head, echoing like there is nothing else in there.

The towel I walked so far to get, the striped one, is still an important part of our life, even if I have no idea where it is now.

When I was lying in that hospital bed, feeling like roadkill, she came in and made me feel better with some "traditional medicine".

Purple thin ones at the viewing mall.

The CD I made her, she broke in front of my face, breaking my heart. She's done it so many times, but has always made up for it.

The only girl I've ever cried for.

The only girl I've ever truly smiled for.

I love her.

No comments: