Monday, October 22, 2007

Questionable Contacts

At time of writing, I sit here wringing my hands and wondering if the dull ache in my leg will ever pack up and leave. Swallowing gingerly because it seems the back of my throat has transformed into something resembling a flaming cactus. Bending over (sideways) as my back has always been a tad problematic. And I risk a glance at the nearby bathroom. Just in case I need it. Again.

I receive a notification on MSN, in the midst of reassuring someone that yes, it is indeed a cute song and that I will listen to it, and listening to someone else who happens to be attracting a host of potential suitors without apparently trying. Hot stuff, that. Campus babe and all.

Another one.

I click OK and check thelittle box to add yet another disembodied soul to my growing MSN list, wondering who in the blue hell it is. It's bad enough that I receive phantom text messages from people asking me out to a mutual friend's; now I've had 4 people in 3 days add me to their lists, and I don't know who the hell they are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly antisocial (most of the time) but I just like to know who exactly these people are. I've never been a fan of the "random chat" function of the classic ICQ (remember that?) and I've sure as hell never gone up to a random person on IRC and asl-ed him/her.

So whoever you are who's been adding me to MSN, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, rude, offensive, crude or crazy, but tell me who you are.

And if someone to the rest of you, don't get any weird ideas. If I get flooded with messages going "HI NAZ MY NAME IS SALLY REMEMBER ME" or "HELLO NAZ THIS IS JAG FROM SCHOOL JUST SO YOU KNOW SEE YOU TOMORROW LOL HALO 3 IS AWESOME BYE", I will personally, uh, well, let your imagination run wild.

No comments: