Thursday, October 11, 2007

Done

Walking away
From a chapter of my past
Thinking about
The real smile I had last
Watching the ring
As it fell upon the stone
Tracing the tear
As I failed to cast my own

Visions behind
Eyelids closed so tight
Memories hide
All the wrongs and all the rights
A pain in the leg
Both a metaphor and there
An pain in the heart
Or an aching everywhere

Cartoons and the like
Never seemed to bring you joy
A slap by the road
From a girl who loved a boy
But change always comes
Even mountains die in time
Irony circles
And even lovefools speak in rhyme

A lifetime we've had
But a lifetime spans ahead
Our laughter and love
Became dissent and only hate
If Cupid is watching
He can have back his arrow
Maybe he erred
He can check again tomorrow

But dreams always fade
When you lie awake at dawn
Reality bites
Losses bring us time to mourn
The Sun always sets
Even when the day is great
But days always end
Time does not a couple make

No happy endings
They were all so very wrong
No teal and velvet
No mushy wedding song
No more chances
Apologies so empty
No more goodbyes
Or wallowing in self-pity

So here it stops
Every road has its ending
No turning back
I'm done with just pretending
A breath so deep
It feels my heart would burst
But now I know
That would be but just a first

No Comic Relief today.

No comments: