Thursday, December 09, 2010

Faithfully

It's weird how a question can lead to so much uncertainty, when a question is supposed to bring an end to whatever doubts exist in the first place. That's what I came across recently. Two questions, really. Double trouble.

The first stared at me for a long time, and really, I didn't have any reason, obligation or compulsion to answer it. Well, maybe saying I had no compulsion is stretching the truth a little - there are some people I can't help but reach for.

So I did, and some observers went so far as to assume it meant something more than what it was, a simple answer to a simple question.

The other was stranger, and really, it seemed like it came from a stranger as well. Unexpected, seeing as the last exchange we had was my being told that meeting for dinner wouldn't be possible due to work commitments, but then upon a quick return home, the ever-reliable Facebook revealed otherwise.

Two questions, very different, yet very similar as well.

Met two old friends earlier today. Well, yesterday, now. Nice to do that sometimes. One of them went so far as to mention how he'd like to swap places with me, a sentiment I can hardly agree with.

Still, as cheesy as it sounds, it's a great feeling to be around the people you know you can count on.

No comments: