Monday, June 09, 2008

Hrm.

Seems like alot's been happening lately, at least over the past four or five weeks. Many people, all my loyal fans, I'm sure, have suffered through what others have branded a "blog statis" during this period, and for this I sincerely apologise.

Last month, of course, was perhaps the most important month of the year for yours truly, and this May seemed packed with ll sorts of stuff. From last-minute romantic getaway to a great island resort to procuring a Canon Ixus from a schoolmate to tracking down people I hve hardly ever spoken to, I'm glad that when the dust settled, she had a smile on her face.

I have a new tuition kid too, which means, for the first time in a long time, income. Three lessons gone, and I have to say that this one seems the best one of the lot. May not be the brightest, but he's by far the most fun, and definitely better than my previous one.

What I'd like to talk about today, however, is just something that's been going through my head the past few hours, a random thought or memory that sort of popped up while I was listening to "Fall For You" for th fourth time in less than six hours. Now, lot of junk goes through my head, and most people would agree that it's not a nice place to be in, but this was one of the more poignant things I've ever experienced first-hand.

A long time ago, near an MRT station not so far away, Naz and Khadi were walking home from som random excursion, when we sort of bumped into this girl who we've seen around the vicinity. Before I go on, I want to make it clear that I am far from discriminating, though to say I am a paragon of fairness would be a tad unrealistic as well. However, you can usually tell if somone is, well, not normal. Like earlier today, Khadi and I saw this pseudo-Japanese girl (we will not debate on if she is hot or not) who looked like she was an anorexic zombie robot. But back to the story.

For some reason, perhaps Khadi looked extra-friendly that day, the girl came up to us, clad in her white tudung and all, and started chatting to us strangers. For lack of a better option, and not wanting to do anything (else) stupid, we engaged in her small-talk, with Khadi whispering frightfully into my heroic ear, "Babe, I'm scared."

The conversation in itself was seemingly normal, though in Malay, thus effectively disqualifying me from it entirely, else I'd be labelled as the Special one. Things went smoothly and innocently until a question of family, I think, came up, and the girl said something like,

"... you know, because I'm, like this and not normal like you two."

She trotted off a while later.

For some reason, this recollection has been bouncing around my head, juxtaposed with the phrases of "loser table" and "pathetic" that various people have used for various situations recently. I'm not at liberty to say more, but at the same time, I'm not uncomfortable or weirded out or anything, I'm just wondering why I'm thinking of this.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

No comments: