Friday, May 25, 2007

Head Scratch

Everyone's had their own "EH?!?" situation.

Like the time I sprayed chili on my windows.

I was recently made aware of a potentially big "EH?!?" situation by a friend of mine. Fairly new position for me, actually. I mean, I've had my share of weird and unimaginable scenarios, but this one blew me away.

Not in a good way, either.

Suffice it to say, I can't really elaborate on it here, to the undoubted dismay of the collected masses, so don't hold your breath. Just know that Naz is sitting here, scratching his head at the revelation.

Not in a good way, either.

It's weird, as you might well have deduced by now. A long time ago, I asked someone why people liked revealing so-called "secrets" to me. I thought it was just a passing trend that, opening up to Naz. But it seems to have come full-circle, and a few other "secrets" have made their way through whispering lips to my iPod-less ears.

Why? I don't quite know. It's not as if I'm in any position to exploit this information either. Not like I'm like that dude who got caught leaking the Coke recipe to Pepsi, or at least trying to. No, I'm just a fairly ordinary, if spectacularly modest and dazzlingly charming, guy. Sitting here, clicking through my news of Manchester United and WWE and Heroes.

And suddenly people come up to me (as much as someone can come up to you over MSN).

"Naz, Naz, I have to tell you something."

"Err, ok?"

"I mean, I have to tell someone this thing."

"Right."

And so on and so forth.

It's weird. Leaves me scratching my head.

I should charge some sort of retainer fee.

No comments: