Wednesday, March 14, 2007

300

Yeah. I watched 300 yesterday, after waiting for it for months. I've been drooling over the brilliantly made trailers and teasers for ages, and now, I need to go watch it again. I haven't seen a movie with more awesome lines than 300. The number of awesome lines and the quality of them. To quote one Adam Copeland, it reeked of awesomeness.

Only Spartan women give birth to real men.

This will not end quickly, you will not enjoy it.

Our arrows will block out the sun - Then we will fight in the shade.

Why are you smiling? - All my life I've looked for another warrior who can give me a glorious death. Perhaps he is down there some where.

My old friend, I did bring more soldiers than you.

Well, enough of that, but if you haven't caught it yet, you must. You just have to. Skip Will Smith's Happyness or the cheesy Happily N'ever After or Hugh Grant and his tight pants in that romantic lyric-thing comedy.

The movie, of course, was classified as M18 in Singapore. Which means, incase you haven't figured it out, that you need to be 18 and over to watch it. Why? Well, boobs and blood in abundance, and a healthy dose of the lead actor's ass. A good friend of mine nearly choked and managed to gasp "Was that really neccessary?!?", while my other friend on my right gushed on and on about the sculpted abs on show. They even counted the abs. They're supposedly heterosexual. Now I'm wondering why I sat in between them.

Still, someone commented that "every scene in the movie is a work of art" and I couldn't agree more. Even without the seemingly meaningless gyrations of a girl in a sheer toga, 300 is by far the movie of the year. Let's see how Spiderman 3, TMNT and Transformers match up to this.

No comments: