Sunday, December 24, 2006

Feeling Old

So yesterday was a big day for one of our friends, a day that (should) come along once in a lifetime. And in truth, a day that most of us didn't see coming for maybe another couple of years.

Not that I'm saying it's wrong or too soon or anything.

And someone said while we tip-toed at the back of the gathered crowd of family and friends, "Wow, I feel old."

He also said he was sad, which was met with a few incredulous looks, but then he asserted himself with the comment that said he didn't feel sad sad but rather happy sad so I guess all is well.

But yes, as I've mentioned before, I already found the girl I want to marry, and I'm happy for anyone and everyone who can say the same thing (or guys for girls, or whatever you fancy, you know). Watching a good friend of mine get married is really a new experience for me, especially since I rarely go to any weddings at all. I don't like the normal wedding food. But I guess this is an exception for a few reasons, eh?

All in all, a very enjoyable ceremony, though that in itself sounds weird. I'm not sure why. One of the highlights would have been the cake which seemed to be the epitomy of chocolate, while the low point might be the mystery of my socks being stained brown after walking shoe-less for a few hours...

But when is it really time to tie the knot?

Someone once said, "A man never really knows true happiness until he gets married, but by then it's too late." While I obviously take that with a pinch of salt, I guess that comment might be pertinent to some. Being married is, of course, an obvious commitment and one which can't be taken lightly. Unless you're a siliconed-chested pop-star who has a crush on one of her dancers I guess.

So we were talking and found out that most of us felt that the optimum time to get hitched was around the ripe old age of 25. Seeing as how most of us as 21 right now, maybe a year or two yonger, I guess that's reasonable. I'd have been with Khadi for close to a decade by then, but that's OK right? Hehe. Course, sometimes circumstances might retard or accelerate the date, but I won't really go into that...

So... married life. Not much else to say, really. I'll just leave you with the quote of the day from one lost girl in particular.

"You should be more like Naz, he doesn't make any comments!"

Which is almost as good as...

"...I was driving along the road and there was an old woman walking in front of me and I haunted her but she didn't hear me and..."

And followed closely by...

"You know, it just doesn't feel like one of our friends is married."

The above really isn't spectacular or anything, just something to think over, I guess. And I really didn't want to publicly state my reply to that!

No comments: