Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hair

Everyone has hair. If not on their heads, then on other parts of the body. And yes, I do realise that shaving is a viable option for some people (or couples...) but that's not my concern. At least not right now.

I've always had short hair. OK, there was a period of time where it grew to cover my eyes, but it was only for a few weeks. I like having short hair. Or at least non-long hair. Have a preference for a rather spiky look, which, admittedly, doesn't always come off the way I envision it but it usually works.

One time Khadi told me I had "sexy hair". But that was when it wasn't syled up at all, so... I dunno.

I like girls with long hair, more or less a prerequisite for me to look twice at them (or once, if at all). Only on rare occasions do I even think for a second that short hair actually works on a girl. The winner of one season of America's Next Top Model would be a good example for an exception to the rule. Zahrah, unfortunately, does not fall into that same category. As Erfen and a few others so eloquently put it, "You look like a very pretty boy."

In addition to the length of hair, curls and/or wavy hair adds more brownie points to the general look of a girl, in my humble opinon. I'm still trying to convince Khadi NOT to straighten her curly hair. If some of you don't know or remember, it was straight before this more glam look.

Fazlee had a pseudo-mullet. I stress had because he did the right thing and had it killed. For the past year or so, he hasn't had a haircut, other than trimming the back a little a few months back. He had even considered a hairband for a time, but decided against one because my sister's ones were "too girly". I'd hate to break it to you, dear brother, but our sister isn't exactly one for tomboyish looks. At least nowadays. Now he's got the "army" look.

Alot of people have a tendency to look semi-good with little or no hair. Francesco Totti and David Beckham don't look too bad. Michael Scofield from Prison Break or the guy from One Tree Hill don't look like complete retards either. I'm not saying Fazlee looks like a moron with his current hair (or lack thereof), but if he wanted the look, he could have looked at this.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinions on hair. Some like it long, other like it short. Light, dark, curly, straight. Dry, frizzy, slick, shiny, whatever. Make your own calls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groan.. u mentioned hair.. just wen my other half actually went to do the extreme thing. he went bald. n nooo. its not pleasing to my eyes. i much rather it be crew cut or sth. bald.. why bald? u're right though.. some guys suit e look but not others.. groan.. how can i pyscho his mind???

anyway.. hehe.. aft dis.. go plan more meetings wif ur future in laws. e more frequent e better. aft all u n khadi haf been together for 6 years already. *grinz*

sul

Aubrey said...

Ok.. I like Naz hair. I don't like Faz hair. The mullet was really bad.. so pretty much bald is like 54092% of an improvement.

Xaric's hair needs help too.. dunno what to do to it either. It's short like yours.. but doesn't hold a spike well.. too fine methinks. Any suggs?

And tell your woman that straightening naturally curly hair is a crime unless you do it like.. once a month. I used to work in a hair salon, and believe me.. leave it curly.

Hair.. yeah. :)
Kalli

Anonymous said...

But her hair is naturally straight! I prefer it this way though...

And you could ask your boy to cut it real short, crop-like. Might work.