Monday, November 06, 2006

The Aftermath

They came, they saw, they... ate.

Went pretty good I guess, sandwiched between impulsive phonecalls from hyperactive aunts who are convinced that this meeting of the minds is a herald for a grand wedding sometime soon.

Well, it won't be sometime soon, but it'll be grand. Or so I'm told.

Anyway, they arrived under cover of darkness, bedecked in hues of gold and green. And a pen through a shirt-collar. A feast awaited and the guests dined atop the wood and marble. I hope they liked the murtabak.

Enough with the dramatics, it went well, if a bit one-sided. But then, what can I contribute to the conversation when the topic is of rumoured embezzlement and laundering within certain religious organisations? Was I supposed to just go "Hmm, yes. I see your point." or something?

Actually, that really was the bulk of my side of the talking, but still, laughter and smiles from your (not so) soon-to-be father-in-law on your first real meeting would be a good sign eh?

All good, and I'm still getting "So, how do your in-laws love you?" from all sides, and while the L-word wouldn't be suitably-placed in that context, at least it started off on the right foot.

Plus, I got a new cat (OK, kitten) though she's having some problems settling in...

No comments: