Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Controlled Alternative Delete

It's been a long while since I put away the things, small and large that used to remind me of times gone by. But lately I've come to realise that everytime I look around me, I still notice that they're not there, and it makes no difference whatsoever. And today I tossed away one of the first and oldest of the things, though admittedly it is in a state befitting a test sample in some biochemical weapon facility.

Looking through my battered laptop, I realised today that I still have a (digital) ton of such things, so I went about deleting them. Was alot harder than I expected, to be honest. Ever watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Probably my second favorite Jim Carrey movie ever (Truman Show is #1). It was like that, midway through I started to doubt myself, if I really wanted them gone. But by then I had gone too far and it was all I could do to just finish up.

I did find a few things which brought a small smile to me and at least one other though.

I need to study, but I'm not. Not nearly.

No comments: