Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Backup Friends and More

I had a really nice and long conversation with someone I've never talked to for that long today. Actually not the first time in recent memory that's happened, and for that I'm quite thankful.

She did, however, recount to me the story of how one of her friends told her off for treating her like a "backup", and that coupled with an earlier question and joking accusation got me thinking.

In a few weeks, many people close and dear to me will be jetting off, and there's a chance I won't see some of them, at elast, for maybe six months. Yes, yes, Skype and the like exist, but you all know it's different. I know it's different. Will everything be different?

The person asked me how and why I (relatively) recently became to chummy with certain people who've been around alot longer than we've been buddies, and I of course gave the obvious answer, but then nothing is really ever that obvious and simple, is it?

I don't quite know.

Then there's the matter of the little thing that's got everyone around me excited, though I bet they're overreacting, and that the little plans and stuff won't come to fruition.

Pessimistic? Maybe. I try to think it's being realistic. And not idealistic. I have no idea what I'm doing most the time. Too little, too much?

Long ride home today, but had good company for the first part, where I learnt what a small world we live in.

No comments: