Thursday, December 10, 2009

My December

This year has flown by. Flown by.

My ill-fated trip to Krabi, hospital visit and all, still plays clearly in my head as if it were yesterday. I can still remember the rock-climbing, snorkeling, being jolted from sleep by certain people in the early hours of the morning.

But that was almost a whole year ago. A lifetime ago, it seems.

Alot has happened since then. I don't need to spell out the most major things, but those who have been paying attention would agree (and have pointed out several times) that I'm a changed person. Some say it's an improvement, some say it's not, others think it's more of me being who I really am, whatever or whoever that is.

A whirlwind ten or eleven months has led to where I am today. Done with what may be my final exam ever in Singapore, but maybe not. It's a scary thought, especially considering the fact that for such a long time, things seemed really foggy at the best of times.

Imagine, if you will, you get a nice jigsaw puzzle. Only the picture on the box isn't something you'd expect like a scene of a sunset against snow-capped mountains or kittens in a basket or your favourite Disney characters assembled a-smiling. The picture on the box - the puzzle - is something you don't really recognize or are able to identify. Just a jumble of shapes and colours, patterns and motifs.

So you toil, painstakingly, over this seemingly impossible situation, and just when you think you got it figured out, you realize that you've been using the wrong sides of the pieces, and now you have to start over. What you thought fit before, may or may not anymore.

I wonder how things will be like in the near future, in many regards, with many people. Some of these thoughts have already been discussed with the relevant people, and some of them remain either oblivious or defiant about things.

Ah well.

No comments: