Friday, July 10, 2009

Early Morning

Some folk who frequent this space have a tendency to look too deeply into things. When you look hard enough and want to find something, you'll find it anywhere. This is just something I wrote on a whim, not sure if it means anything at all. Don't overanalyse. Probably too emo for my taste, but it sort of wrote itself.

Do you think it's fair that everything seems to be uneven?
To let me live this way seems so cruel sometimes.
Don't you think I care about things enough to want to know more?
Enough to want to say everything I want to say.

Do you think it's only a foolish dream?
The laughter and the smiles that everyone has seems so different.
Don't you think it's lonely watching and listening?
Counting down the miles and listening to the radio.

Do you think it'll ever happen like others have said?
Be the way I see and the way I've always seen.
Don't you think it's never going to happen, like you said?
The way it needs to be seems like the way it should be.

Do you think that dreaming means anything?
Is all that I can do to keep myself from cracking everyday.
Don't you think that trying is even worth the effort?
Is what I want from you more than what should be?

Don't you think that sunsets like the one while you slept
Are the highlights of the sky but pale beside you.
Do you think that I've yet thought of how it could work?
Learnt to say goodbye and dreaded when I have to.

Do you think that I'm naught but a stupid prankster?
But another worn-out joke and nothing else?
Don't you think that I aught to be more honest?
To mend the thing that's broke the only way I know how.

Do you think that roses can be brought onto airplanes?
Hide a story in their scent because they remind me of so much
Don't you think we're closest and closer than anyone else?
When you finally relent and let me in.

Do you think it's easy for me being this way?
To watch you when you frown and mope and sulk.
Don't you think it hurts me just to try and pretend?
That I can't help when you're down and you don't seem to care.

Do you think and ponder about me at all?
If the chance is there to take would you?
Don't you think and wonder if things were different?
If a better choice it'd make and if the risk is worth it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a touchie entry